"Clean beauty" what does it mean?
Clean beauty what does it means? It is tricky question to something not defined. there is no government or organization have official regulated! We have tried to search and read some of expert in the beauty industry, articles, and research to understand their point of view (POV).
So, what you are reading now is some assembly of Clean Beauty.
P.S. every person has his own point of view in this matter and there is no right or wrong till it’s regulated.
What’s Clean Beauty means?
Clean beauty to include brands and products that take people’s well-being and the planet’s well-being into consideration when being developed, manufactured, and sold.
Clean beauty is associated with natural beauty, green beauty, and all other types of beauty that deviate from the norm.
We believe it is mix of both, also eco packaging consider part of the clean beauty.
So, here comes the second part who we should trust?
Will let us focus on two things:
- Logos/ Transparent labels (we talked about it in our Instagram you can check here: @baharbazaar.sa)
Logos/ Transparent labels
Logos are representing an independent group that has created their own set of standards and guidelines pertaining to clean beauty. These groups vet everything from a product’s safety to its environmental.
1. Cruelty Free
We have three types of cruelty free labels, each certification has unique set of standards application, process, and monitoring systems.
-Cruelty free International (leaping bunny program), CCIC & BUAV organization and known internationally. it requires supplier monitored, proof & documentation for both supplier and brand and to pay fees to help them to run their tests.
- Cruelty free (beauty without bunnies), PETA organization and based in USA. No testing or monitored is performed to check if a brand is really cruelty free!
- Not tested on animal (choose cruelty free), CCF organization and based in Australia. they require to sign legal binding document and all applicants must also provide in documentation that show all the ingredients that used in a product and making sure that these ingredients not tested on animal, also they required that every year they retested to make sure.
In the market we have three types of organic and they are different from each other.
100% Organic products are made completely with natural ingredient.
95% Organic products it can contain up to 5% of non-organic additives or ingredients and that exclude water and salt.
70% Made with organic Ingredients it’s only contains some organic ingredient. Can have up to 30% of non-organic ingredient.
More than 95 percent of ingredients in the product are natural, environmentally friendly, and free of things like parabens.
Vegan beauty products and cosmetics do not contain any animal products, animal by-products, or animal derivatives.
4. The Forest Stewardship Council
Ensures that products and packaging come from responsibly managed forests that provide environmental, social, and economic benefits.
5. Non-toxic ingredient
Made Safe (a nontoxic certification agency) that ensure products are safe for your skin and environment.
Signifies that a company meets B-Corp’s social and environmental performance standards.
Clean beauty helps you understand ingredients to be more mindful and selective about what we’re putting on our bodies every day.
avoid these potentially questionable ingredients:
- Parabens: A type of preservative that may negatively impact hormone levels and endocrine health.
- Mineral Oil: A by-product of the petroleum industry that is commonly used as a moisturizing ingredient but can be harmful to the environment.
- Synthetic Fragrances: They are often irritating to skin and usually contain dozens of undisclosed—and potentially harmful—chemical ingredients.
- Phthalates: A group of chemicals found in nail polish and fragrance that have been potentially linked to (but not necessarily shown to cause) birth defects.
- Hydroquinone: A potentially carcinogenic skin-bleaching ingredient.
- Pegs: Softeners, solvents, and thickening agents that may be contaminated with carcinogens at certain levels.
- Sodium, Laureth and Sulfate (SLES/SLS): Harsh surfactants (cleansers) that can strip and irritate the skin and can also be contaminated with carcinogens.
Clean beauty isn’t about being 100% perfect. This means that yes, man-made ingredients are clean as long as they’re safe and non-toxic. This also means that clean beauty doesn’t have to be all-natural, preservative-free, etc. Clean beauty is synonymous with non-toxic beauty.
Subscribe and get alerts about your Wishlist
We will notify you on events like Low stock, Restock, Price drop or general reminders so that you don’t miss the deal
Are you sure you want to delete this wishlist?
Are you sure you want to delete selected wishlist products?
Out of stock products will be not move. Are you want to move selected wishlist products?
Wishlist management page
- This page allows you to manage and add wishlist items directly to the cart.
- Share your public wishlist on social media, through links, and via custom email.
- You can subscribe to get update about your wishlist items